Eating Drinking and Sleeping
Key Skills: Nature, Endurance and Dungeoneering
It’s not difficult to find good or at least passable-with-work shelter in Naught.Risks to finding shelter:
- Occupied by animals or monsters already
- Prone to flooding
- Structure on verge of collapse
Streams and rivulets are commonly available, and catchwater from rain isn’t terribly hard to come by. Stagnant waters are noticeably different, even by the untrained.
FaunaAnimals take advantage of easy lairing and water access, but the grazing is not good enough for larger herbivores and migratory animals had better be able to fly in order to continue their life cycle.
- Lizards (White, Grey, and Green)
- Turkeys (The bastards!)
FloraJust because there are plants doesn’t mean they can be eaten.
- Not many root veggies
- Plants w/fungus on them = BAD
- Almond scent = BAD
- Strawberries (Rare)
- White vine gourds
- Some things that burn in the mouth can be made good with boiling.
- Wild peas
- Some mushrooms – but be Careful!
Skill RollsForaging can be done with Dungeoneering (underground or in qualified zoned) or Nature – it takes 1 hour.
- DC 15 – Food and water for 1 person for 24hrs
- DC 25 – Food and water for 5 people for 24hrs
- Failure: The character must try again in a new area if they want to forage